Special Issue of Mathematics in Computer Science
This special issue/focus of Mathematics in Computer Science, is organized in connection with the 4th International Conference on Numerical and Symbolic Computation: Developments and Applications, and it is devoted to publishing significant results on the development and/or applications of numerical and symbolic computational methods in Mathematics, Applied Sciences and Engineering.
Original research papers and insightful survey manuscripts addressing all aspects of numerical and symbolic computation are welcome. Topics and areas of interest for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
· Integrated numerical/symbolic computation, integrated graphical/analytical computation
· Image processing, graphical computation,
· Symbolic computation and didactical tools,
· Simulation, modeling (geometric and/or behavioural) and optimization,
· E-science and technology
· Systems identification and control
· Evolutionary algorithms, computational intelligence, fuzzy systems
· Computational mathematics
· Computational engineering
· Computational physics and chemistry
· Computational economics, management and planning
· Computer aided architectural design
· Health and biomedical computing applications
· Software systems, applications and tools
· Design and implementation of algorithms and software tools for mathematical computation
Potential authors are cordially invited to submit an enhanced version of their papers for publication in the special issue via the EasyChair system according to the information to be oportunely available. Be sure that the Journal guidelines to prepare the paper are respected, namely concerning the template to use. Only one pdf file submission is allowed.
The Journal guidelines to be observed, can be consulted at http://www.springer.com/birkhauser/mathematics/journal/11786 .
They are also available here
The submitted work must not have been published or simultaneously submitted for publication in other journals or refereed conference proceedings.
Received submissions will be peer-reviewed according to the standard refereeing procedure of Mathematics in Computer Science.
Amélia Loja (Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering)
Paulo Vasconcelos (Ph.D. Mathematics)
Joaquim Infante Barbosa (Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering)
José Alberto Rodrigues (Ph.D. Mathematics)
4th International Conference on Numerical and Symbolic Computation
Developments and Applications
Porto, Portugal, 11-12 April 2019